Random thoughts

So there's several things that have been on my mind lately... Karis is well on her way, Sarah and I just returned from North and South Carolina from our seminary trip, Christmas is coming and that means that plans for the Living Nativity are in full swing and that I am finishing plans on decorating the outside of my parents' house this year, and Sarah and I are looking at a move coming up in April. All of this is very consuming. I don't know how to feel or what to do right now. I am both excited and anxious about my first born daughter that is going to be here in a couple of months, I am excited and a little overwhelmed at the thought of the huge construction project that is known as the Living Nativity, and I am really excited about decorating my parents place for Christmas. Throw in a couple of weekend construction projects (additions to houses) that I have going on and it's no wonder why I'm so busy.

Through it all, I have my ways of relaxing. I started building a rocking horse for Karis back in September; I'd like to say that it is done (of course it's not), but all of the major assembly is completed. Now all it needs is some paint and finishing touches and it will be gorgeous. I am also planning a weekday (woohoo time off of work) fishing trip with my brother and father where we can go out and bond like "manly men". Most importantly I have my relationship with my Heavenly Father that helps keep me going.

I have discovered several things about myself in these last few months: I can get through life's challenges easily when I rely on Christ who strengthens me, I get frustrated when things don't go according to plans, I hate it when I feel like I've let those that I love down, and I love my wife more than anything else this side of heaven (ok so I knew that already). All in all I have to remind myself that God is not done with me yet. I look forward to the day when He is!!!

1 comments:

Sarah! I just found your blog. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Jonny at Christmas. I'm sad that you've been a part of the family for a while and we've barely gotten to know each other.

You mentioned moving in April?!? Where are you all headed? Does that mean we'll have even fewer opportunities to get to know each other in the future?

November 27, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home